THE FIRST AND ONLY ORIENTAL MEDICINE UNIVERSITY IN NEVADA OFFERING A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN ORIENTAL MEDICINE (MSOM) DEGREE
Founded in 2012 in the state of Nevada, the first state in the United States to grant licenses to practitioners of Oriental medicine, Wongu University of Oriental Medicine is the first and only Oriental Medicine school in Nevada approved to grant a Master of Science degree in Oriental Medicine.
In 2014,the Master of Science in Oriental Medicine of the Wongu University of Oriental Medicine has been granted Candidacy status by the Accreditation Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (ACAOM), which is the recognized accrediting agency for programs preparing acupuncture and Oriental medicine practitioners.
To educate students to become skilled Oriental medicine practitioners possessing compassion and integrity.
To be a leader in Oriental medicine education.
1. Further the understanding regarding Oriental medicine with other healthcare communities and the public at large.
2. Provide students with a thorough understanding of the theories and systems of traditional Oriental medicine and knowledge of the historical roots.
3. Train students in the clinical skills required to apply that knowledge in the safe and effective treatment of patients.
4. Enable graduates to function collaboratively as a healthcare provider in the modern healthcare system.
5. Train competent practitioners, advocates and leaders of Oriental medicine.
ACAOM is located at:
8941 Aztec Drive
Eden Prairie, MN 55347
Phone: (952) 212-2434
Fax: (952) 657-7068
Nevada State Board of Oriental Medicine 3191 E. Warm Springs Road Las Vegas, NV 89120 Phone: (702) 675-5326 Fax: (702) 989-8584
NCCAOM link to their website and include the fact that students that go to wongu will be eligible to take all their National Exams
Wongu University is licensed to operate in the State of Nevada by the Nevada Commission on Postsecondary Education (CPE).
Commission on Postsecondary Education 8778 S. Maryland Pkwy, Suite 115 Las Vegas, NV 89123 Tel: (702) 486-7330 Fax: (702) 486-7340